So far this “spring” we’ve been lucky enough that temps have stayed moderately cold. Why do I say lucky? We have a substantial snowpack left in state right now and it’s been very gradually decreasing with a few warm days and the high sun. But, if we have a series of warm days or rain events, the fast melt would lead to flooding concerns. And most homeowners don’t have flood insurance if they don’t live a flood plain where mortgage companies require flood insurance.
Whethe…r you have flood insurance or not, it’s time to be ready for a warm weather pattern and a rain event that may bring up to half an inch of rain this Thursday. Here are Fortified Insurance Agency’s quick tips for this week.
• Move excess snow off your home’s bulkhead (to your basement). Hopefully you kept this clear of snow all winter as it serves as valuable fire exit.
• Remove snow build-up away from your basement windows
• Move valuables in your basement to higher ground should your basement flood
• If you have one, ensure your sump pump works and can evacuate water on demand
• Small amounts of water can be cleaned up with a shop-vacuum that can safely pick-up water
• Bottom-line, just be sure to have a plan to address flooding that may occur
Call Fortified Insurance Agency to discuss your flood insurance questions, get a quote, or discuss your claim.
Keith Beausoleil, CPCU
Keith Beausoleil is an insurance agent at Fortified Insurance Agency. Fortified Insurance Agency in Manchester NH specializes in coverage for auto insurance, automobile insurance, home insurance, homeowners insurance, umbrella insurance, renters insurance, condo insurance, RV insurance, motorcycle insurance, boat insurance, personal watercraft insurance, PWC insurance, snowmobile insurance, golf cart insurance, business insurance, commercial insurance, surety bonds, rental property insurance, and more. Talk to our professional insurance agents about coverage in New Hampshire (NH) today or refer us to someone who needs an independent insurance agent.