This is a special edition of our newsletter to provide a few additional safety tips and critical phone numbers as Hurricane Sandy pushes into NH this afternoon.
* “Like” us on Facebook as that is a way for us to relay information to clients even when the power is out
* Charge your cell phone before the power goes out; you may be able to get a quick charge in your vehicle if you’ve lost power
* Bring in outdoor objects such as lawn furniture, hanging plants, bicycles, toys and garden tools, and secure objects that cannot be brought inside
* Put your vehicles in the garage. If you don’t have a garage, try not to park your vehicle under any trees
* If you have a sump pump for your basement, make sure it’s working
* If you have a generator make sure you have plenty of gas and it works
* Go to the food store to stock up on necessities, such as water and non-perishables
* Make sure you have batteries and flashlights readily available
* Check your basement…get valuable items off the floor if your basement is prone to flooding
* Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts
* Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant
In the event that you sustain a loss or believe you have a claim, it is your duty under the policy terms and conditions to mitigate further damage. In other words, do what you can to prevent further damage to other parts of your property. For example, board up a window, place a tarp over an opening in your roof, lift property off the floor of a flooded basement. Take photos of your damage and keep receipts for items purchased that help prevent further damage. Under most circumstances, do not complete a repair without consent from the insurance carrier.
Listed above is a list of our carriers’ claims phone numbers in the event that our office is closed and you want to call in a claim immediately. For faster service, it is helpful to have your insurance policy number handy when reporting a claim. Carriers have additional claims representatives on staff waiting to field your phone call. Even though that is the case, there may be longer hold times since this storm is covering such a vast area.
Insurance Carrier Claim Numbers
Fortified Insurance Agency: 603-644-3700
Keith Beausoleil’s cell: 603-361-8996
Bristol West: 1-800-274-7865
Concord Group: 1-800-888-6050
Hagerty: 877-922-9701 option 5
Hingham Group: 800-341-8200
Phenix Mutual: 800-343-5888
Philadelphia: 1-800-765-9749 #3
Tower Group (formerly One Beacon): 888-856-5522
Keith Beausoleil, CPCU
Keith Beausoleil is an insurance agent at Fortified Insurance Agency. Fortified Insurance Agency in Manchester NH specializes in coverage for auto insurance, automobile insurance, home insurance, homeowners insurance, renters insurance, condo insurance, RV insurance, motorcycle insurance, boat insurance, personal watercraft insurance, PWC insurance, snowmobile insurance, golf cart insurance, business insurance, commercial insurance, surety bonds, rental property insurance, and more. Talk to our professional insurance agents about coverage in New Hampshire (NH) today or refer us to someone who needs an independent insurance agent.